The residents of Kauai’s north shore have been waiting a long time for the Kilauea Market and its adjoining stores to open. Started in 2016, the project ran into planning and road issues, as well as lots of rainy weather (remember the 2018 Kauai Flood?). So, the opening of the first new shopping center on the north shore in 30 years was delayed for over a year. Last month the North Shore Animal Clinic and the Kilauea Market & Cafe finally opened their doors. It is unclear when the rest of the shopping center, known as “Ahuimanu” will open.
Tenants who have signed up for space at Ahuimanu include: Grande’s Gems Hawaii, Island Soap & Candle Works, Kai Bar Coffee Roasters, Kauai Boba & BBQ, the Kauai Government Employees Credit Union, Shipwrecked Kauai Lifestyle Boutique and Wyland Galleries. There is also talk of two more sit-down eateries, one offering fine dining.
The Kilauea Market & Cafe is a new concept developed by the parent company of the Foodland supermarket chain. In it you will find the small version of a typical food market, offering grocery, meat, seafood, wine, beer, bakery items and produce. But, in addition to this, the market emphasizes prepared foods, a beer and wine bar, gourmet coffee and pastries, and a ‘create your own’ poke bowl counter.
The Kilaua Market & Cafe allows you to Grab a quick meal and go, or eat in. There is seating for 70 customers in a cafeteria-style section of the market. Picnic tables are outside for additional seating.
Kilauea Market & Cafe Menus
Breakfast – Served Daily from 6:00 AM to 10:30 AM
- Waffles and Pancakes – Four choices, including a “Banana Bread” waffle (caramel sauce, bananas, banana bread crumble, and vanilla cream): Prices range from $8.99 to $13.99
- Eggs and Things – Four choices, including a Kalua Hash Patty (Kalua pig, spinach, potato, sweet potato, 2 eggs over easy): Prices range from $9.99 to $15.99
- Sandwiches – Three choices, including a Breakfast Sandwich (pretzel croissant, pipikaula, farm egg, cheddar, tomato, watercress pesto): Prices range from $6.99 to $10.99
- Grains and Berries – Two choices
- Sides, Roasted Coffees and Smoothies
Lunch and Dinner – Served Daily from 10:30 AM to 10:00 PM
- Pizza – Five choices, including Kahuna (Kalua pig, pickled onions, lomi tomato, boursin): Prices range from $12.49 to $15.99
- Plate Lunch – Five choices (Kauai Shrimp Truck, Pulehu Ribs, Poi Stew, Braised Shoyu Chicken and Grilled Ahi): Prices range from $14.99 to market price for Ahi
- Kilauea Specialties – Three choices (Kilauea Moco, Kalua Hash Patty, Fried Saimin): Prices range from $12.99 to $15.99
- Burgers and Sandwiches – Four choices (Kubano, Lighthouse burger, Hanalei taro burger, Ahi sandwich): Prices range from $13.99 to market price for Ahi
- Beer Food (hapa fries, nachos, sticky wings), Salads (chop chop, tofu watercress), Desserts (Malasadas By Da Bag, Cake Slice of the Day)
Kilauea Market & Cafe is open daily from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Location: The Ahuimanu shopping center is located at the corner of Lighthouse Road and Keneke Street in Kilauea. Look for the stone buildings which used to be owned by the Kilauea Plantation, a sugar cane company. This new shopping center is a convenient stop on your way to and from the Kilauea Lighthouse.
Phone Number: (808) 828-2182