Even though the property is a vacation rental, we do require a short term / vacation rental agreement be signed by the primary renter of the Vacation Rental Property. It is the owners management company, Garden Island Hospitality LLC that will be responsible for the day-to-day duties and guest interaction throughout your stay with us. Due to the location of the property there are rules as well that need to be adhered to throughout the guests stay. The actions of the guests do hold the owner of the property liable for violations to the association rules where fines may be incurred. These shall be passed to the violating guest. Below is a copy of the rental rules which are included within the rental agreement. Condo-Rental-Agreement
Rental Agreement Rental Fees
We require 30% of total lodging to be prepaid to reserve the vacation rental. All Rental Fees plus Security Deposit if required are due in full 60 days prior to the Check-in Date. Deposits held for Security shall be refunded within 7 days of the Check-out date provided there are no deductions are made due to:
i. damage to the property or furnishings;
ii. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning;
iii. replacement of property or furnishings removed from property; or
iv. any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
Credit Cards on File: The Guest’s credit card must be on-file. We retain the right to charge Your credit card for any damage, breakage or additional cleaning attributed to wear and tear beyond normal use. It also allows you to charge incidentals or additional items to Concierge Services like; surfing lessons, grocery delivery service, massages, etc.
Smoking in The Home: Smoking in the home and on Lanai is not permitted. Hawaii state law 295, enacted November 16 2006, and updated in 2015 prohibits smoking in all enclosed or partially enclosed spaces open to the public. This the smoking of cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, medical marijuana and all illegal substances. We are subject to this law. In the event a smoking violation occurs, either a fine of $500.00 shall be charged to the credit card on file or the security deposit shall be retained.
Due to the location of the rental unit, it being on the island of Kauai in the middle of the Pacific Ocean costs of repairs and household items costs to repair or replace are the highest in the Country. To avoid the need to require even higher Security Deposits for each reservation we enlisted our insurance company to provide a Property Damage Protection policy that costs only $59.00 and provides up to $1,500 in coverage with no deductible required of the guest or the owner. With the assistance of the guest on the claim initiation process, helps us return the guests Security Deposit in those unfortunate instances in a more timely fashion. We know “Accidents” do happen. Please report any Accidents as quickly as possible and prior to Check-Out.
Liability & insurance issues requires that the primary renter of the vacation rental be a minimum age of 21 years, and be present throughout the rental period.
Payments posted to your credit / debit card statement the descriptor from us shall show MYKAUAIVACATIONRENTAL. In the event you have charges from us you do not recognize, wish to question or wish to discuss please contact us either by our web contact form or by phone at (808) 346-1788. Mahalo!
Rental Agreement & Rental Rules
- Smoking is NOT allowed inside the Condo. Smoking is permitted outside and must be 20 feet from any building.
- Use of Property: The responsible individual renting the property is at least 21 years of age. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property or use the community pool. The maximum overnight occupancy of this unit is 4 persons.
- Noise: Please be considerate of the other residents in nearby units.
- Please be respectful of the grounds and buildings.
- Quiet Hours are from 10 PM until 8 AM. Do not use washers or dryers during these hours. Please avoid running on the stairs and in the upper units at all times.
- Excessive Noise of any kind is prohibited, whatever the hour of occasion.
- All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
- Keep the property and all furnishings in good order,
- Only use appliances for their intended uses,
- Gas Barbecues are located around the property for your use and you are asked to clean the grill and surrounding area after use. No other outdoor cooking is allowed.
- Children are not allowed to play in the driveway or parking areas. No skateboards, rollerblades or motorized scooters are allowed to be used anywhere on the property.
- Pets are NOT allowed.
- PARKING PASSES – Parking is limited to 1 vehicle. The parking pass is located inside the unit. Renters must display parking pass on the rear-view mirror at all times. Failure to display may result in towing of vehicle at renter’s expense. Leave the parking passes inside the unit upon departure.
- There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We provide 1 beach towel for each of the number of occupants on the registration. Please do not allow towels or linens to be taken from the units.
- Our pool area is very close to living areas so the Pool Hours are 8 AM until 10 PM daily. Glass items are prohibited from the pool area. Plastic Only. Clean up when leaving. If children are not toilet trained, they must wear swim diapers. Persons with bandages or open wounds may not use pool. Securely close the gate upon entry or exit and abide by all rules posted at the pool.
- No children under the age of 14 permitted in hot tubs without adult supervision. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk.
- Please remove your shoes before you enter the unit. Kauai Red Dirt stains the flooring, and may create the need to hire specialty services to clean the flooring.
- Shoes may be left outside the door; bicycles are allowed to be parked under the stairs. All other items (toys, strollers, surfing equipment, etc.) must be stored in the unit. Nothing shall be hung on any railings or lanais. Please do not feed stray cats, fowls or other animals.
- The sewer system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the sewer system, you could be charged damages of up to $300.00.
- Use plenty of cold water when running the disposal.
- Securely bag, tie and place trash in containers provided at the designated trash enclosures nearby. Recycling bins are near the administrative building – corner of Poipu and Pe’e Roads.
- If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
- The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a “Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area” and/or
- A “mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning” area of residence of a vacationing guest.
- The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a “Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning,” area, we will refund:
- Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
- Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
- Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the “Hurricane Warning” period.
- Departure time for the unit is No later than 10 AM on checkout day.
- Please Turn Off All Lights.
- Remove any items in the refrigerator and Kitchen Trash and place in trash containers outside.
- Pool Keys and Parking Pass onto key hooks at entry to kitchen.
- Close & Lock All Doors and Windows.
- Renter agrees to pay 50% of the daily rate for Departing after the scheduled checkout time of 10 AM.
- Homeowner agrees to return any Guests deposit less any deductions for damage to the property or furnishings, dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning, replacement of property or furnishings removed from property, or any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay within 7 days of the Guest Checkout date.
- Report any irregular disturbances or situations to the Poipu Kai Association Security Patrol Services immediately at (808) 645-1700, 24 hours per day.
- Emergencies – Call 911 for any Fire or Life Threatening or Police related situation. The resort patrol services are not a police agency.
Rental Agreement Cancellation & Refund Policy
If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, their payments will be refunded as follows:
All notices of cancellation must be received in writing. An email is sufficient to the email address listed in the Agreement. Our credit card processors due not refund processing fees, therefore there is a 4% credit card cancellation fee in every case. The Refunds and Cancellations of the vacation rental reservations are first calculated by first deducting the 4% cancellation fee, from the remaining balance any further refund is determined by the length of advance notice given prior to the reservation’s arrival date:
60 days or more 100% refund,
30 – 59 days; 50% refund,
29 days or less; No Refund.
30 days or more 100% refund, If your arrival date is 30 days or more you can request a 100% refund with no additional cancellation fees beyond the Credit Card Processing fee.
Cancellations with 14 – 29 days advance notice will receive a 50% refund, and
13 days or less advance notice, Unfortunately we cannot refund rental fees paid.
However due to extenuating circumstances, as we have implemented throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic, we allow rescheduling of the reservation to another time within 12 months of the check-out date of initial reservation without change fees or charges* (*daily rates may vary on reschedule). In the event of a Hawaii Government implemented closure due to COVID-19 which effects traveling to the islands, fees paid will be refunded, less credit card processing fees or rescheduled. Travel Protection Policies are offered at the time of booking to protect the guests vacation rental investment. It is strongly suggested Travel Insurance be obtained. Cancel for Any Reason policies will cover cancellations due to illness, quarantines plus many other options even early trip departures.
Insure Stays / Protection Brands LLC
Underwritten by Nationwide Insurance Company
Mon-Fri: 9am – 9pm Eastern Time