Damage Protection Avoids deposit with-holdings or Possibly Security deposits All together.
Damage Protection helps to protect the vacation rental homeowner against accidental damage to a rental property during a guests stay. Damage Protection may be in lieu of or in conjunction with a traditional security deposit, where for a nominal non-refundable fee, it protects the guest for accidental damage up to the limit of $3,000. Should damage occur, the Renter must report any theft or damage to the rental unit or its contents prior to check-out.
This Waiver has certain conditions. This Waiver will not apply to liability for damage or theft resulting from;
- Acts of God
- Intentional acts of a Renter
- Gross negligence or willful and wanton conduct
- Any cause, if the Renter does not report the damage to the property management staff in writing using the Waiver Proof of Loss form provided, by the time the Renter checks out of the unit or within the required reporting timeline of this Waiver
- Normal wear and tear
- Theft without a valid police report
- Loss of use of the covered property
- Theft or damage of any property owned by or brought onto the premises by a Renter
- Property Damage resulting from any motorized vehicle or watercraft operated by a Renter.
DAMAGE PROTECTION DEFINITIONS
- Renter: All registered guests and all persons booked to share the same unit of accommodations, who have elected to purchase this Waiver and have paid the required Waiver Fee.
- Stay: The stay at a Protection Brands approved property management rental unit from the date of Renter’s check-in to the date of checkout (maximum 90 days).
The Waiver will be administered by Protection Brands approved property management staff at the property. Such staff will have authority to determine the nature and extent of damages, necessary repairs and eligibility for the waiver of liability described herein. The Renter must report any theft or damage to the rental unit or its contents to the Protection Brands approved property manager by the time of checkout or this Waiver, which would be otherwise applicable, will be void. The Claim Administrator has the ultimate claim administration authority. Arbitration is required prior to litigation.
DAMAGE PROTECTION TERMS OF COVERAGE
- This Waiver takes effect upon check-in or registration on the booked arrival date to a Protection Brands approved property management rental unit, together with receipt of payment of the Waiver Fee at or before check-in.
- Your Waiver shall terminate upon normal check out time of the Protection Brands approved property management rental unit or the departure of the Renter, whichever occurs first.
- Damage caused by the renter or removal of items from Condo will be charged to renters credit card on file.
WAIVER FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
IMPORTANT NOTE: Payments for this Waiver will not be accepted after the Renter has entered the Protection Brands approved property management rental unit for the beginning of their Stay. Violation of any stated condition voids this Waiver.
The Protection Brands approved property manager provides this Waiver to the Renter.
IF YOU ACCEPT THIS WAIVER, THIS DOCUMENT BECOMES PART OF AND IS ATTACHED TO THE SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT.
WAIVER FEE: $59.00
THE PROTECTION BRANDS APPROVED PROPERTY MANAGER IS COMPENSATED FOR PROMOTING THIS WAIVER.
Are you staying at another vacation rental and want to obtain an Accidental Damage Protection Policy to ensure you can get all of your Security Deposit back? Obtain an Accidental Damage Protection Policy for added benefit for as little as $59.00 for a $1,500.00 policy or $79.00 for $3,000.00. This can transfer the risk of paying for accidental damage out of pocket up to the maximum ($1,500 or $3,000) from the guest to the insurance company.
If you are a Vacation Rental Owner or Manager interested in providing this solution to your renters? Learn how you can provide this solution to your guests with Protection Brands Damage Protection Here! Policies are underwritten by certain underwriters at Lyndon Southern Insurance Company. Offering a Damage Protection Policy, the adversarial conversations are gone and here to stay is a satisfied guest who is likely to be back again for another visit. The “he said – she said” game is also gone as the program provides an easy way for accidentally damaged items to be repaired or replaced.
We obtain Damage Protection Policies for each Guest Visit. Our Vacation Rental Guests Pay No Admin Fees, No Resort Fees. They Pay the Room Rate, The Waiver Fee and State Mandated Taxes. Check our Vacation Rental Calendar for Availability!